Friday, January 27, 2012

Nevermore Book Review!

THE PLOT:

Nevermore (Nevermore, #1)Cheerleader Isobel Lanley is horrified when she is paired with Varen Nethers for an English project, which is due—so unfair—on the day of the rival game. Cold and aloof, sardonic and sharp-tongued, Varen makes it clear he’d rather not have anything to do with her either. But when Isobel discovers strange writing in his journal, she can’t help but give this enigmatic boy with piercing eyes another look.

Soon, Isobel finds herself making excuses to be with Varen. Steadily pulled away from her friends and her possessive boyfriend, Isobel ventures deeper and deeper into the dream world Varen has created through the pages of his notebook, a realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life.

As her world begins to unravel around her, Isobel discovers that dreams, like words, hold more power than she ever imagined and that the most frightening realities are those of the mind. Now she must find a way to reach Varen before he is consumed by the shadows of his own nightmares.  

  His life depends on it.

MY REVIEW:

I love this book. Favorite book I read this year so far. I mean I love Edgar Allan Poe so having a book that's about him and his poems. Ow I was definitely going to read that. And I did and it was awesome. Characters in the book. Um some loved some hated. Like varen I love him like seriously love him. I think he is the first book character I would really really want to be with. And I think that only because I'm like him in ways. I'm gothic. (Yes I love the color black.) My favorite music is rock and I love to read Edgar Allan Poe books. Totally compatible right. Lol. But anyway. Isobel she was awesome. I like her cause she wasn't like her friends she was much nicer.(Ok so I'm going to talk about a part in the book it not really a spoiler. I'm just giving a head up.) Definitely after the ice cream scene I knew she was better. The ice cream scene was my favorite part. It was mean but sweet to. And isobel friends were so immature. I don't get how they could do that to varen. And from that I hated them so stuck up. Isobel friends after that gwen she was cool. I'm glad she was there. I mean someone had to help her with varen. Mikey was so funny. He had me laughing at the thing's he said and did. (Spoiler alert) Not much to say about isobel family. There just a normal all american family. Though it was funny when her dad dress up as Poe. Pinfeather he was awesome the way kelly described him. Even though he act weird and scary at times. Lacy she was very strange to me. Like mysteries to me that you would never quite get to know her. Reynolds he was the same way for me to. Bess I love her. Described with such beauty and elegant. Ow it was so awesome. So that was my review for nevermore. It an amazingly written book. So if you haven't read the book you definitely need to. Like now. Lol. So I'll type you guys later. Bye.  

Rating: 5/5 Stars
Pub.Date: August 31 2010
Publisher: Atheneum
Format: Hardcover543 Pages
Age Range: Young Adult  

No comments:

Post a Comment